View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
LoveMySprocket
Yorkie Talker

Cry Need Help Advice! Need a Diagnosis!

I have a 2 year old teacup yorkie who has gotten sick every few weeks for the past 4 months. The first time was in March and he had a fever, diarrhea, loss of appetite and severe lethargy. I brought him to the vet and the vet gave me an antibiotic to give to him and sent me on my way. That helped at first, and then about 4 weeks later, same exact symptoms. This time (a different vet) kept my dog overnight giving him antibiotics and fluids through an IV and then gave me oral antibiotics to continue to give to him for a week. Again, this solved the problem for about a month. THEN again just last week, the same exact symptoms PLUS vomiting occurred. The vet kept him over night again on fluids and antibiotics. This vet thought maybe putting my dog on a veterinary formula diet would help to eliminate the reoccurring sickness. He sent me home with this diet and antibiotics to give to my dog. I did EVERYTHING as he told me to do. It is not even a week later and my dog had to go back to the vet yesterday for lethargy, fever, BLOODY diarrhea (it was never bloody before) and loss of appetite! I have spent thousands of dollars within the last few months bringing my dog back and forth to the vet and still have no diagnosis! they have ruled out lyme disease and parvovirus. Each vet has taken blood work and it always comes back fairly normal except for elevated white blood cell counts which they all agree indicates an infection or some serious problem BUT no one is giving me any answers or coming up with a diagnosis! I need help! My dog is suffering and I cannot afford to do this much longer! I am running out of options! If anyone has any ideas as to what this could be or what it can do PLEASE HELP!!!
LoveMySprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!