View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Mom2Layla
Yorkie Talker

Default Layla gained 3 pounds while at Grandma's for a week...

We went out of town for a week and left our baby with her Grandma and Grandpa (DH's parents) who love her dearly and spoil her rotten. But their idea of spoiling rotten is feeding her table food, bologne (1/2 piece) every morning and popcorn every night.

They have babysat before but have never been this bad as far as the crap they feed her. So needless to say, she will not go back there. No matter how much I tell them not to feed her table food or crap, they will do it anyway. So that is why I say she will never go back for a long visit.

So to my problem...I need to put Layla on a diet. And I am not sure how to go about that. Maybe the extra weight will normally fall off being home as we don't feed her the stuff her grandparents fed her. She normally free feeds, and has never had a weight issue with this method. But now I am thinking for a little bit I should feed her twice a day with measured amounts. And lay off the milk bones or at least break in half.

I need your advice. How should I go about getting these extra pounds off of her without starving her or being a mean Mom.

She went to Grandmas at 9.5# and came back at about 13#. BTW, she is four years old.

Thanks for your help.
Mom2Layla is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!