View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post

Absolutely....why would one promote this type of breeding, and pay that much for a dog that may have not been properly breed and have genetic defects from both breeds.....especially since both these breeds have a greater possibility of Liver Shunt.
I would also be concerned about health issues...My parents bought a maltipoo after there mini schnauzer passed away...They went to rescues and shelters looking for the right dog. They wanted a medium size dog...not small like a yorkie but around the 10 15 lb range...they couldn't find anything. They were so heart broken, Heidi was their baby. Heidi came from a rescue, had been marked as a breeding dog, was kept in a cage for the first 7 months of her life (not from the rescue woman) and came with many health issues...they went back to the same woman but all she had was larger dogs...They bought Callie from a woman that breeds maltipoos. Callie (so far) is a very healthy VERY active little girl. I pray for their sake she continues to be healthy..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!