View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
bubbaboo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Bad Experience with Karen's Yorkies

I am posting this to warn yorkie lovers that are looking for a pup. I would advise to stay away from Karen's Yorkies. We had a horrible experience buying a dog from her. We purchased a dog from her and when we brought the dog home we became quickly concerned. The dog appeared to us that there was a lack of grooming, hygiene and health needs that weren't being addressed. The dog was matted with knots all through her coat. It took 2 hours brushing and cutting them out. Her nails were so long. Her ears were full of dirt and they smelled horrible. I took her to groomers and had her cleaned up. We were shocked at how a breeder would pass a pup off to buyers in this condition. We then took her to the Vet to have a check up and see what vaccines were needed, heartworm screen ( she was not on any heartworm meds and over 1 year old) and rabbies vaccine. The Veterinarian was very concerned about her ears. They cultured her ears and were told she had a severe bilateral ear infection! She could have lost her hearing! A 10 day course of antibiotics ( Gentamicin) was required to clear up the infection. The bill was over $200! We were told by Karen that this pup was a shy dog, but it appears to be more than that. The Vet said she was not abused, but has never been socialized. She is very timid, skittish, nervous and terrified of men. It takes sitting down and holding her to calm her down. She has improved some, but just with me. Any men, guests or even my husband at times she is hovering to the ground and running away. She also has a very nervous pace that still concerns us. The worst thing is she has NEVER wagged her tail! It is so sad to us that we are waiting every day to see her tail wag! The day that she does we will be ecstatic!

We had posted a thread a few weeks ago and had to have it deleted. We got a phone call from Karen's Yorkies telling us that if we did not delete the post we would be suied for $250,000 for Slander! We were also told we would be getting a letter from their lawyer if it wasn't removed in 3 days! Our previous post was not slander, just strong opinions. We have now posted strickly facts to warn others.

Hope this helps others
bubbaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!