View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiehugs View Post
How do you deal with the rude remark "oh, you can just get another one"

I'm getting tired of hearing this! Plus it makes me cry.
I think it is a rude remark too. However, I feel that people do not know what to say under these circumstances . They mean well, but blow it terribly. A lot of people think that you can just go out a buy a net cat or dog. This is not how it works !!! Pet owners know that are guys have their own personalites and temperments. It is not like going out and buying a car! these are living breathing creatures. We love them , and are bonded to them , as to who they are, and how they make us feel . Some people don't understand that, or lose sight to the attatchment a human being can form with a dog or cat. It is a huge loss when a animal dies. People go through the same grieving process as they do when a human dies, that must be respected.
It is extremely painful, if not more, in some circumstances. If I were you, i would tell these people, of yours the truth, let them know how you feel when they tell you that~!
16 years ago I lost a beloved kitty right in front of my eyes. I'll never forget him. The pain has lessened, however, the love i had for Mario I still feel for him lives on to this day. I am very sorry your going through this right now. I am glad your yorkie is feeling better right now, and hanging in there.

Last edited by mscat; 07-18-2009 at 06:56 PM.
mscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!