View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Lolapup
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb5853 View Post
Nobody has an opinion on this recipe?? Hmmmm..... well, I did a little more research and for the next batch I'm going to replace the carrots with egg and add a can of Merrick's 100% tripe. I will tweak the recipe as I go along.

The reason I ground it up is because Brody won't have anything to do with whole chicken wings or backs or necks. He absolutely refuses to eat them. So I thought that if I ground them up, at least he'd be getting the nutrition. Not the chewing that he should have, but I'll work on it and keep offering them.
Good for you! I use the Unstew Mix listed on this page. In fact I just made a batch for the month yesterday. I use all organic meats and veggies. Yesterday's batch was sweet potato, butternut squash and zuchinni. I don't have to crush the bone as Lola will eat wings/backs no problem. The only additional item I used was crushed flax seeds. I also add a probiotic. Check out this site. Lots of good info.

Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes | How To Make Your Own Dog Food | Raw Dog Food
Lolapup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!