Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicki View Post
I have to say that I never ever have heard of a yorkie, that had it's full tail injured/broken.. Legs get injured, and bitches are lost in whelping, but the tail hasn't been a problem.

Well I have witnessed one, but it was a foreign dog in a dogshow, and conveniently it had had it's tail chopped off by a door. Not docked (docked dogs aren't allowed in shows) but amputated. Just the right lenght if it were docked, but nope, it was the door... Yeah right. Docking was allowed then at the country the dog came from.

Mine have their tails and poop is not a problem if you trim the hair on the tail.
And the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer full tails, I'm used to them.
There was one here in the ring, foriegn also, and it didn't do well. I'm sure because of the our standard. I also have a little girl whose tail was injured while playing with her siblings. Tail is crooked as all get out.

I prefer a docked tail, to me it makes for a prettier picture. A full tail to my eye makes the dog appear longer backed.

Last edited by Mardelin; 07-17-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!