View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Judging from the pictures i'd have to say that Trixie is looking good but i'm sorry to say that i have to agree with your vet. i'm sorry, don't get mad at me, i know you don't want to hear it.

Coco looks like she has some extra padding around the rib cage and there is barely any difference between chest and waist.

Pebbles looks the same way but not as round as coco. the since he's laying down tho its a little harder to tell.

What i would do is feed them twice a day. Give them each a set amount so you know what each is eating. Look at the bag of food they are eating and use the smallest amount listed for their size. Since your not sure how much they are eating right now you really don't have a guideline so use the bag at first. If you notice that there isn't any weight loss, or if there is a weight gain you can cut back on the food a little bit more. You can also give filling treats like green beans to add more fiber. Just remember if you are going to add the green beans to their kibble you need to cut back a little more on the kibble so they are getting the right amount.

For trixie since she is a good weight you don't have to feed the lowest amount, you can chose a middle number and see how she does with that amount (weight gain or loss) and then adjust if necessary.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!