View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on! I would agree with your vet and say that you must confine your puppy at night. Your pup is showing you that he can't be trusted and needs to be confined to a smaller space. We actually still keep all of our bedroom & bathroom doors closed if we're home and not really watching the dogs (our yorkies are 8 months old). I would say that they're potty trained since they haven't messed in the house in over 2 months, but I still want to know where they're at when they are loose in the house when I'm home, so we keep all of the doors shut in our house & the pups can go in & out of all the main rooms. If we're not at home, they are in their puppy play room. I would suggest maybe putting him in an xpen with a pee pad, that way if he has to go, he will, and you will hopefully get some rest. These guys have little bladders, so if they have to go...well, they need to go. My pups are 8 months old, and we crate trained them and now they have a "puppy play pen" (I don't call it an xpen because it's homemade!). They've never used pee pads though, they just chewed them up & peed beside them, so those didn't work for me! If I have to get up to let them out, they go out and then RIGHT back to their puppy room. I also know people that have fenced yards who have installed a doggy door so the dog can let himself in & out as needed and they can sleep peacefully. Good luck with finding some peace and quiet
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!