View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

I hear you! I got Bailey & Buster when they were 11 weeks old, and it has been much more work than I had anticipated, but worth it! Hang in there, it gets better (so long as you are consistent with them). I learned not to rush them going potty outside, because a couple of times I made them come in when they weren't ready & they went potty in the house right after I let them in - but since I made them come in, it wasn't really their fault, I just rushed them. Now I tell them, "Go potty, come inside" and if they come to the door, I let them in. If they don't come to the door, they are most often still trying to find a spot to go, or they've just been playing so much that they forgot they were supposed to go, so it's a good reminder to get them to go potty & then come inside. Bailey does what I call her "poop dance" before she goes, so it usually takes her a lot longer to go potty than Buster. They do take patience, but I can honestly say that they have helped me develop more patience than I thought I would ever have. Hope you have the same experience - hang in there, it gets better!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!