View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
mjharpst
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Licenses and other info...

I just thought I would share some info on the MI dog license laws. It has been a big topic on here this week and I wanted to share some key points. I found all this info through http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusmist287_261_395.htm#s262

First off: 287.262 Dogs; licensing, tags, leashes. Sec. 2. It shall be unlawful for any person to own any dog 6 months old or over, unless the dog is licensed as hereinafter provided, or to own any dog 6 months old or over that does not at all times wear a collar with a tag approved by the director of agriculture...

Second: 287.266 Dog licenses; application; resolution; provisions; proof of vaccination. Sec. 6. (1) The owner of a dog that is 4 or more months old shall apply to the treasurer of the county or, except as provided in section 14, the treasurer of the township or city where the owner resides, or to the treasurer’s authorized agent, for a license for each dog owned or kept by him or her.
(2) Unless the county board of commissioners adopts a resolution under subsection (3), the owner shall apply for a license annually on or before March 1.

Check out the site for more info. Hope this helps!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!