View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
shannonk1222
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default The barking..does it stop

Hello eveyone! I am a newbie here. I currently have a pug named Guinness, almost 2 and got Yates our Yorkie about a month ago. One week after, I found out that me and my husband are having a baby! A little crazy in the house at the moment but wouldnt trade any of it for the world.

So, I know I am going to be part of the problem here.....Yates is left in a pen during the day while I am at work. It has a pee pee paid in it and he uses it. When I am home, he goes on the pad or I take him outside every so often. No issues too bad...Here's the issue...at night. Yates will bark if he isnt out of his crate or pen. This got annoying and since I am tired all the time (prego) I didnt want to deal with it. Well, my cute little Yates thinks its cute to pee and poo in every single one of my 4 bedrooms during the night. (thank goodness for hardwood). The vet yesterday asked how we were doing with the training. My husband told her what I just explained. Vet said no good! Crate yates at night or put him in the pen. Know what time Yates work up this morning? 3am. He barked until 5:30 when my husband finally had to get up for work. He took him out and let me stay out the rest of the morning. (he peed in one of my rooms)

Now what? I don't want him to think that if he barks for 2.5 hours that DH will let him out? He just happens to get up for work at that time. What do I do? How long will this all night barking last?

Please, anythign you can tell me is appreciated.
Thank you
shannonk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!