View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny champion View Post
k so hes in surgery right now. im going insane.

so i talked to them for an hour before i let them take him away. and the vet talked me into a few things i am nervous about:

he is getting his rabies shot at the same time as the neuter, microchip, AND he didnt just have 3 teeth, there were 2 more i didnt even see! (and i brush his teeth every day! they must be very tiny...or behind the teeth...im not even sure). i dont really know if i should have waited, but this is all costing me upwards of 500 bucks and coming back in a week to get the shots would cost me 38 just for the appointment, then the shots. im so worried i made the wrong decision.

he is getting the drip, and pre-op blood work, which is partially why its "so expensive", but im still worried .
Sophie's surgery cost about the same in the end. She had 4 teeth pulled, plus preop bloodwork, plus two other tests that were optional but "peace of mind" for me. She already had all her shots accept for lyme disease. When she was taken back in two weeks to have her stitches removed, they gave her the shot then. It's a scary day for us Yorkie Mommies. Try and hang in there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!