View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Sometimes I will feel bad if Jackson seems bored and he will just go lay down and go to sleep in his little bed.... but I try my best let him do as much as possible, so then I don't feel too bad. There's only so much you can do, ya know? He's my only dog but I live at home with my parents one dog and they will play so thankfully they have each other when I'm not in the mood. Or I'll give him a bully stick or a bone, lol.

Also, Jackson (and most of the doggies on YT!) have a pretty darn good life no matter what compared to other dogs I know! Some dogs are stuck in a crate 8-10 hours a day, owners get home, let them out in their backyard and that's it, etc... so that makes me feel better too.

Jackson lives a great doggie life, lol. I try to take him to the dog park once a week now at least. I take him on walks (we live in the "country" with the farm behind us and all) so I have to drive to a neighborhood to walk him, and sometimes I just don't feel like it, but I know he needs it. So I do that usually 3x a week, a nice 45 minute-hour walk in different neighborhoods. I'll bring him into Petsmart or Petco once every few weeks or so. Whenever I go somewhere that I can bring him I do... my dad's fenced in yard with his two dogs, my grandma's with hers, etc, he comes along. Even if I just have to ride to the bank if I know that's the only place I'm going, I let him come for the ride and smells. And we have this routine, usually every night around 7pm, he will be ready to play some fetch, so I get his squeaky toy and we play fetch for 10 minutes. He's definitely a very happy dog! lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!