Thread: Puppy rights
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
tammys
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegamom1 View Post
Just curious, how did an "accidental" breeding take place if the female and the male live in two different places? Please understand, I'm not judging, just asking?
We have a tie we use in our front yard to let the little ones go potty. We had put her out that morning, and she loves to sit out there and absorb the sun. She barks to let us know she is ready to come in. Sometimes when we think she's been out there long enough, she plants her feet in the grass, protesting b/c she doesn't want to come in.

Our neighbor's Yorkie got out, and the rest is history.

I had no idea she was in heat. That sounds totally ignorant, but she must keep herself really clean, b/c I have never seen a drop of blood from her, and unless I'm rubbing her tummy, I don't notice the swelling.

Days later the other family's husband told me that he had thought she was in heat b/c his dog kept trying to come over.

So, that's the story that led me to preach to anyone who will listen, "Spay your dog if you're not going to breed; it can happen when your dog is restrained in your own front yard!"

The babies' welfare are absolutely priority. They are precious, unexpected gifts.

Last edited by tammys; 07-15-2009 at 06:48 PM.
tammys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!