View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I know from having attended shows on and off for the last few years I have observed some pups grow up in the show ring. I imagine there is a little difference in a puppy being shy and one that is just scared from all the newness of first being shown. Have you encountered pups that are outgoing and confident at home but just won't show no matter what?

In judging conformation on a pup, at was age do you say a pup just does not have the right conformation. For example, can a 12 week old pup toe out some and still have a correct front as an adult? Or in judging the rear movement, as what age do you just know the proper movement is not there? There is just so much more to this than people realize.
Movement is there if you have proper structure.

I usually start showing a pup at 6 months for training purposes. You can pretty much tell by then, but there is a possibility that conformation wise they can fall apart.

Funny thing you mention toeing out.....this is being discussed with the possibility of Yorkies being allowed in AKC earth dogs events.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!