View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
Cali Bella
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default pancreatitis in my 6yr old yorkie

Hello. I am new to this site, but reading previous posts has been very helpful. My name is Hilary. I have a 6 1/2 year old yorkie named Cali Bella who is the love of my life.
About four days ago Cali was acting very strange when we got home. She would not move,even for a treat! I took to her to a vet right next door to where we live who kinda dismissed it and said maybe she hurt her back, gave us pain meds and said come back in a week! Well, I was not having that..I knew if she wasnt better by morning we would go see her usual vet.
The next morning she started throwing up..so of course we took her in. The did an xray then blood work and said it is has all the signs of being pancreatitis.
We immediately took her Animal Emergency.
So far, 3 days later, they have done 2 plasma transfusions, upped her pain meds to the highest one and she of course is on an IV. She is still not eating and as of this morning they want to do an ultrasound.

I don't think I have to tell anyone on this board how much this hurts. Cali Bella is my sidekick and babygirl. I love this yorkie with all my heart and knowing she is in pain breaks my heart. She was on the Urinary SO diet and got very little table food ( I know now what a mistake that was). I know you all love your yorkies and ask for your prayers for my sweet Cali.
Also, anyone been or going through this, I would love to know your story.. I am a patient person but not when it comes to my Cali! I want her better! I have been praying and praying that after this long she would be. Please Pray!
Cali Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!