View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #15
Mom2TwoYorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Well, I was a child of the 70's (born in 67) and I remember a lot of things that I wished my own children could of experienced when they were growing up . . .I was the youngest of 4 children, but I was like an only child because there was such a big age difference (Sisters were 14, 13 and Brother was 11 when I was born)

I remember always being outside playing in the neighborhood and when my mom wanted me she'd ring this stupid bell . . .you could hear that thing for miles and I used to RUN home . . .I guess I was well trained . . . I remember finding the biggest hill in the neighborhood and trying to make it all the way down on my skateboard, lying down, in the middle of the road. I remember walking down to the elementary school and hanging around on the swingset or jungle gym and not having a care in the world . . walking down in the brook by my house and going through the underpasses to see how far they go . . .riding my bike carelessly, without a helmet and not on the sidewalk either . . .As I got into my teens I remember going over my girlfriend's house and sneaking the pony Miller beers from the refrigerator . . .her father never seemed to notice . . I had a pretty good childhood . . .no fears whatsoever . . .those were the days!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!