View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
mistyblue
Senior Yorkie Talker

I know that the words "put to sleep/pts" raises alot of issues for alot of people, including myself. But there are times when it is the right thing to do for the dog as well as humans. I was severly attacked as a child by our neighbors "highly and professionally trained" German Shepard, who had also attacked the owners own toddler age children several times to the extent of requiring emergency room visits. My Dad was the one who finally took the situation in hand. The neighbors response to the dogs attacks was to beat the h... out of him and make matters worse. My Dad, after having consulted the authorities, put the dog down himself. Problem solved...no more injured children and no more abused dog. Once a dog starts attacking children or other animals it is almost impossibkle to correct the behavior. My view is that there are so many dogs in "foster homes", shelters and pounds already, who are not agressive who deserve good homes. Why add to the situation with a dangerous animal? Just mho.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!