View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi Julie, welcome to YT!!

Yorkies are a wonderful breed and I think your idea of meeting a few and spending time with them is a great idea! On another note, yorkies are a high theft dog due to their size and the cost, although we are a friendly bunch here on yt, most would be leary about meeting a stranger with their pup, thats not to imply that you personally can't be trusted. However, we did do a yorkie meetup about a month ago and I believe we plan on doing another one before the cold weather sets in. I'm sure we'd be more than happy to have you come and that way you can meet a bunch of yorkie owners and a bunch of yorkies. You will see all their different looks, sizes, quirks, personalities, etc!

I, myself have 2 boys from the same litter, they are night and day! My Dexter is 5.5lbs of pure love, he is so laid back and such a cuddle bug, he is a hunter and hes not afraid of anything but other dogs. Then I have my Fletcher who is 9lbs, he is curious and has a serious case of OCD! haha He is afraid of everything but other dogs, he can't sit still long enough to cuddle and he is so uptight he squeaks, every noise sends him running and barking! Their looks and personalities are sooooo different, but I adore them both!

Come back to this New England thread to check on a new meetup date and place, I believe we were discussing Boston Common as a potential place to meet next time!

There are other yorkie meetups throughout MA also if you want to google them.

Good Luck and again, welcome to YT!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!