Thread: Naughty Pup
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
The Special one
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Naughty Pup

Hi All,

This is my first time posting and hoping for some good advice .

My pup is just coming upto his 1st birthday and recently I think I have been spoiling him a little.

My main prob is that we were keeping him in the kitchen at nighttime and he was quite used to it no issues at all, however my girlfriend was sick recently and was off work for the week therefore we would leave him come up and sleep in the room at bottom of bed as the girlfriends didn't need to be up early for work.....but since the girlfriend has become well and back at work when we try to leave him in the kitchen at night he starts to cry and scratch at the door - He is relentless he will keep on doing it for as long as it takes to us surrendering in which we bring him up and he then sleeps no problem (obviously a comfort thing). The problem then is that my girlfriend can't sleep with him in the bed as she is a light sleeper and the pup tends to figgit.

So any ideas on how I can keep him in the kitchen in which he is calm and doesn't start banging and scratching the door ? Is it just leaving him get used to it ??

As the weather was good here in Ireland recently we left him in the garden as he has a dog house but he barks alot and the last thing we wont is problems with the neighbours - so we are keeping him inside but as above these are problem we have at night ?

I still wouldn't swap the world for him, but my girlfriend might if she dont get her sleep

Any tips would be great on how to tame the cheeky pup at night.

Rgds,
The Special one.
The Special one is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!