View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #8
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminvstr
hi Robbie, congrats on the upcoming litter!!!

I've been cautioned by my vet and other breeders (although I dont feed it because I cant stand the smell its a childhood thing) not to feed liver to yorkies,causes a vitamin A toxicity.

Change the puppy food you're feeding, many of the pet stores have 1 lbs sample bags, mine love the Royal Canin baby puppy, try that or the puppy! I have had great results with that and Bil-jac.

keep us posted
thanks for the info on liver. she is going to hate to hear that, lol. they love liver pudding. i'll hold off on any more liver products until i do more research. does that count for treats sold at the store also? there's a few that have liver in them i think. gosh, now you've got me where i'll read every label

i'm using pro plan dry now. adult and puppy. i also use can food several times a week mixed in the dry so they will still eat it too. i had thought about changing her food and see what happens, guess i have been in the habit of one, since they all like the adult. she is just really surprising me with her picky ways these days...usually she isnt like this. she turned down a scrambled egg tonight. now that's odd.
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!