View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
wolflover
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mier View Post
Okay to start Roxy is 1 1/2 yrs old and Charlie is 10 months. Ive had them both since they were puppies and I usually bath them once a week. Everytime I bath them they are absolutely terrified of the water especially in their face. I always use a cup to rinse the soap off and I pour the water on their head to get the soap off their faces... my questions are..
1. Is there a way to rinse the soap off that is less traumatizing, they freak out when the water is put in their face or eyes.
2. I think the water gets in their ears when I'm rinsing, I tried cotton balls but they always fall out... is it really harmful for it to get in their ears?
3. How can I make bath time fun time?

Thanks!!!
My 10 month yorkie hates baths too. IN fact, every dog I have had hates baths. Miley has gotten a little more used to baths now, but stll hates them.
1. I dont know of any other ways, sorry.
2. I tried cotton balls, they fall out for me too. I hold the ear down against the head when i'm rinsing it so I dont get water/soap inside it.
3. The way I made water in general less traumatizing for Miley is I gave her "swimming lessons" in the bath tub and it helped a lot. JUst remember for the first few lessons, start out really shallow water, and then get gradually deeper untill they have to swim.
wolflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!