View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Very nervous for tomarrow's spay

I would love some support. I made Maddie an appt to be spayed and it is tomarrow. I feel comfortable with the vet I am using. He does a 24hr emegency vet clinic and has been doing this for a very long time (he said he likes working on the tiny ones, and has done alot of 2lb puppies). But I am so nervous, Maddie is just a hair over 2 1/2 lbs and 9 months old now. We don't want to risk her ever being preg, and I have this whole week off of work so now is the best time to do it.

He did say that he wants me to feed her an early morning meal because he wants her have a better chance of keeping her blood sugar up (she has never had a hypo problem this is just in case). He then will make sure she's had enough time to digest fully before the surgery. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this? But it sounds like this is what he normally does when he spays the smaller ones.

To those of you that have had your babies spayed, especailly the ones that are more on the petite side, I would love to hear how well it went and anything else that I should know about.

My babies are my world so the idea of putting them under scares me so bad, even my large breed dog made me nervous when she was under anesthesia I actually got to watch the same vet do an emergancy c-section on my big girl, Kalaya, 9 years ago and deliver 7 puppies with a birthweight ranging between 1-2lbs the biggest puppies he has ever seen. It was amazing he handed me my puppies and I cleared the airways and got them going. anyway I am nervous and now rambling.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!