View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
LilMissy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Unhappy ♥ Run in with the Recliner...♥

We had what could have been a serious accident at our house two nights ago. I'm still pretty upset when I think about what happened

I'm always bragging about how wonderful my kids are with Missy, and how they are so careful with her and watch out for her...yeah well....my 4 and 5 yr old were rocking in the Lazyboy recliner too hard, and the front of it lifted off the ground, and at that split second Missy spotted a fruit snack that one of the kids had dropped under the chair, and she went for it. The front wooden bar of the recliner frame came down right on her neck squishing her under the weight of the recliner. She is only 3.5 lbs and the heavy chair had 2 X 40 lb kids sitting on it. The kids rocked the chair back (I think realizing that it had got Missy), and it came back down on her neck briefly for a second time before my husband yanked the chair back and I grabbed her out. It's a good thing we were both right there. She was SQUEALING so loud, we were all screaming and crying. My husband blurted out, "that's it, omg, she's dead for sure!". I just held her tight to my chest and ran straight to my car to get her into the vet. I got to my vet's office 2 mins after she left to go home for the night, so I called her on her cell phone. By this time, Missy seemed OK. Shaken up, but OK. I couldn't believe that she was still breathing and nothing appeared broken. My vet asked me several questions over the phone and had me check a bunch of things with Missy. She decided that it would be OK to just monitor Missy for the evening and bring her in for a vet check the following morning. She said if things went downhill over night, to take her to the Emergency vet, but Missy seemed OK. So I brought her home, and she settled in for a long nap. She seemed scared and shooken up, but otherwise OK. No broken bones or pains anywhere. Well after her nap, she woke up at 11pm and she was full of the dickens! She was right back to her regular ol' self. I am SO relieved. Honestly, I think it was some kind of miracle that got her through this. My 6 yr old son said he started praying the moment it happened, and he didn't stop until he went to bed. I know it sounds corny, and I'm not all that religious, but I really think that it had something to do with her being all right. There is alot of power in positive thinking. I'm just so glad that she is OK, and the recliner is HISTORY. I never even thought about how dangerous it could be.

Last edited by LilMissy; 07-12-2009 at 11:10 PM.
LilMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!