View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
SaraHawk
Yorkie Yakker

Teeth

I have told myself that I won't spend more than $600, but I guess that is just a theoretical number. That is how much I paid for Ollie June 08. I know there are people who have spent close to $3000 or more for their puppy, but I am not looking for a show dog. I am looking for a play mate for my dog, who we are not breeding...

I am not so concerned about the price, so much as finding a deal or whatever, I am looking for a dog from a loving home, who can definitely be registered with the AKC... I guess that is a must now, as I have met with several breeders who I have questioned whether or not the dogs they have were full blooded yorkie, as they had colorings that were not traditional, or facial features that resembled other breeds...

I would go back to the same breeder that I bought Ollie at, but he doesn't breed all the time, and the earliest he knows he would have puppies could be in December, and I don't want to wait that long, because I can only imagine that potty training while it is cold and snowy could be very challenging! I don't know how all those people do it when they get a puppy for christmas!! Ollie was a brat to train, so this time around, I want to work really hard to train him/her before it gets too cold.

Maybe I am just being unrealistic, but I really appreciate everyone for replying to this thread, hopefully I can find a puppy for Ollie (and myself and DH) very soon!
SaraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!