Thread: Pet Insurance
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Medical bills whether for us or our Yorkie could financially ruin us since we are both retired from "service" professions.

I cannot imagine having to make a decision for the treatment of our pet based on whether or not we could afford the treatment.

Any type of insurance is something you hope you never have to use...whether it be house, auto, or medical. However, as long as I can afford a premium it is worth the bill to have the peace of knowing we have it.

My husband was 53 and I was 50 when our house burned while we were at work. When we left for work that morning, we never dreamed that by late afternoon all we would own were our cars and the clothes on our backs. Had we not had insurance, I cannot imagine what our lives would have become. It was traumatic enough with coverage.

From that perspective (since we all look at life based on our life's experiences), I cannot imagine having the opportunity to have any type of insurance and not taking it. It is an expense in our lives that we will manage to cover just like we do property taxes and such. After our experience, it is not an option for house, cars, us, or our Yorkie.
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!