View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
tammys
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Lee View Post
Ok I just read the thread Question-Newborns and it seems like her dog is going through just about the same thing and that makes me feel a little better that she is not alone has anyone else ever experienced this?

Cassie's pups are 4 weeks old, and she just recently stopped panting!

She was vomiting and had diarrhea (bad enough to reduce her milk supply) for almost two days after the babies were born. I took her to the vet, of course, and they ran practically every blood test known to man (at least that's what I thought when I got the bill!) to find nothing wrong - might have been all the yucky stuff she ate during the delivery and after. My point in telling you this is that we know the panting was not related to a low calcium level.

That's may not be the case with every panting dog, but if you have talked to your vet, and he/she is not concerned, then maybe some dogs just do that. I know your appt. is on Monday, but did you call and ask him/her?

Our vet thought it might be hormonal, and remembering how I felt after having 5 kiddos, I tend to agree. LOL In humans the hormones take such a dive after birth, that it really takes a toll on us; maybe it's the same with dogs????

I hope she feels better; I look forward to hearing what the vet said.

I also know most mamas won't want to leave their babies - not the case here, as we have to put Cassie in with the pups to nurse, but it sounds like your girl is acting normally.

Last edited by tammys; 07-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.
tammys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!