View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
HVill20134
Yorkie Yakker

I am no expert, but I would get up and change the pads. Give her a treat and tell her to go to sleep. I would put on music, instrumental - on low and get up my normal time. It is a long process and if she is doing her business on the pads instead of her crate, I would encourage this by changing the pads. I go to sleep late, I make sure there are clean pads for the night. My Zoe and I have a nightime ritual. I hold her, put music on a timer of 50 min and give her a few treats. Hubby gets up 5:30 AM for work, if she has clean pads, he does not let Zoe out till she soils her pad. He gives her a treat and allows her to come in my bedroom and sleep in her bed there. She is 6 years old. I learned the hard way that Zoe does not like to use a soiled pad. We had given her the run of 1/2 the house at night, but learn that outside noises and animals would have her bark and run to the sliders. We decided to confine her to the kitchen and the barking ceased. No sliders for her to check, so she didn't sense the nocturnal animal life outside. Soothing music to let her know she was not alone. Be patient, you may need to experiment to find what works for you. Good luck, I hope this helps you in some way.
HVill20134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!