View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
jenn1381
YT Addict

Squirt bottle and can with pennies have already been tried He doesn't mind the water, especially because it's hot, and the can scared him for a few weeks and now he thinks it's just a toy and I'm trying to play with him!

He is properly introduced to everyone... it just doesn't seem to matter when the men around are LOUD.. and omg, the men in my family are!!!! He won't even take the treat from them, he has from my dad a couple times but usually he just barks and freaks out because he really wants the treat but doesn't want to go near the person holding it. It's so frustrating!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
When he barks at someone like this.... get a squirt bottle and squirt him and say "No bark!" My dad's rescue dog is the same exact way. It works wonders with him. He HATES being squirted in the face. Eventually, you will only have to give him that look and say "No bark" and he should stop.

If squirting doesn't work, get a soda can or a coffee can and fill it with pennies/coins and shake it loudly when he barks and say NO Bark! These work!

Also, make sure he is introduced properly to everyone.
Maybe let your dad/other men get a really yummy treat that he loves, bend down to his level, and give him the treat. Yorkies are so small, sometimes tall men are intimidating to them, so they just need to get on their level.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!