View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
jenn1381
YT Addict

Default Barking!!!!!! Oh my ears!!!

I'm seriously going to LOSE it. I just don't know what to do anymore. Oliver has never liked men, especially loud men. My dad is one, and my grandpa is another. Anytime they are both here he is a NIGHTMARE. Never shuts up. Barking has become an issue lately and it seems like nothing I do helps. I had anticipated both my dad and grandpa being here tonight, so I tried to tire Ollie out today. We did a car ride, puppy park, puppy play date... and as I type, he is in his crate for #1. nipping at me when I tried to pick him up to correct him and #2. for his own darn safety because I feel like I could just kill him! We have a trainer, he did so good the first few lessons and now he just refuses to do ANYTHING I ask him to do during training sessions - but hold a Bully stick in my hand and he will do it all including the hand signals he pretends not to know in training. We are almost done training with her and I sware he's WORSE than he was before we started! Please, someone tell me it gets worse before it gets better! That's $270 I really could have used for other things.

Every little noise, he barks. Anytime someone else MOVES in the house, he barks, and it's not just a bark - it's an angry ROAR! I know small dogs are prone to barking but omg... Enough already!!!! Is there anything I can do??? I know he's a puppy mill dog and I need to be patient, but I just don't have it in me some days!! Today is one year since my grandma passed away and I am just NOT in the mood to deal with his defiance and barking. He may spend a LOT of time in that crate tonight. Is there anything I can try? Or am I just going to have to try to have patience as I wait for him to trust that no one is going to hurt him ever again? I'm at a loss...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!