Thread: Our Max
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Blader
Yorkie Talker

Default Our Max

Hey all we had a good worry with Max as this week he suddenly developed the runs. Hes had it for 3days now and I came here for help we tried the bolied chicken/rice and he ate it ok. He was very slow and I took him for a walk yesterday and it looked like he ran a marathon he was very tired and started limping. Well over night he woke me up to go outside and he still had the runs. This morning he vomited and that was it, the wife panicked so she took him into the vet and they checked him and the verdict was he has a intestinal parasite. They gave him metronidazole the vet shoved it down his throat and we then dropped him off at the Mom in laws. We went out to see transformers @ 12pm and they were trying to call us @ 3pm and couldnt get a hold of us, Max threw up everything. Well we got back and picked him up and got home about 6pm. We all had a nap and hes a lot better than before. Hes all spunky and full of energy,but we're wondering now if the pill did it or did his vomitting help now my wife doesnt want to give him any more pills.But Im saying that we still have to according to the bottle and the vet. Problem is that he hates pills we tried to throw it down his throat and he just keeps coughing it back up. I told the wife to crush it up and mix it in some, gastro formula canned food that the vet gave us. The Vet also said that we shouldnt crush pills since they dont work the same when you do that? But what could we do,since we couldnt get it down his throat. But right now hes all full of life again and we are taking him for a walk around the block.
Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!