Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
jmdt
YT 3000 Club Member

My trixie had a bout of this a few weeks ago. Sooo sad. She was in the hospital for 2 nights. It was so heartbreaking to see her so mushy. I almost lost her to this. The advice I have is only very low fat food and treats. NEVER let anyone give her anything off of their plate. Anything can set this off again. I am feeding Royal Canin Low Fat. I get it from the vet. Thank goodness she loves it because she is a picky eater. Give fresh fruits and veggies as treats. I don't buy them anymore. I also was so scared that my other 2 will not get any fatty foods either. I know if this had been my Pebbles (only 4lbs) I would have lost her. My Trix is 10.6 lbs and she lost about a pound and a half through all of this. She is a strong baby that's what saved her.

Sending prayers for your little one. Just stick to low fat or no fat and you'll be fine. There are many knowledgeable people here who have also gone through this and I am still learning myself how to avoid this and deal with it for my Trix. You are in very good hands here.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!