View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Sunny95
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks for the reply, Kristina! I really want to be able to take her so I will definitely try your suggestions.

You are right about the emotions too. The whole situation was tense. I had my DH and DD who is 4 years old with me too. My daughter kept asking why I was hurting Ginger because of all the yelping. Everyone was looking at us. I know if I had seen all of that I would have looked too. It sounded like Ginger was being tortured! I kept picking her up and putting her down but it didn't seem to make much difference. I shushed her and tried hiding behind things until the other dog passed. Of course with all the barking/yelping hiding didn't do much good. I looked like a fruit loop!

Little dogs have a reputation for being yappy and Ginger is living up to it. I hate that. I heard a man say to his wife, "No way would I have a yapper like that."

Ginger's general behavior is much more excited than my previous yorkie. My first yorkie was laid back and pretty mellow her whole life. Ginger is wide open. Every time we come home she gets so, so excited and yelps/barks for attention. She also has done the excite pee which is new to me too. She doesn't do that daily so that's a good thing. Ginger is more likely to do the excite pee for visitors or at the vet office when they start oohhhing and ahhinng her. She loves the receptionist and she pees for her every time.

I just wish I could figure out how to get her to mellow out a little bit. I know she is still very young but is this just her personality? Will she mellow with age?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!