View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
kwalden
Yorkie Yakker

Default Does allowing a male to breed change personality?

I have an 8 month old yorkie male. He weighs about 3 1/2 lbs. We attended an event last weekend for the local humane society and I was bombarded with stud service requests. He is a beautiful little guy and small, and I guess most people around here go for girls because I got at least 5 requests there and I have also been asked by 2 people at my church. His only fault is that he was born without a tail, not that I think that would really matter to most people since I don't think they are really looking at breeding dogs for show. We haven't had him neutered yet because of his size. The vet said we should wait until about now to do it. We are really wondering what to do. I've heard some opinions that breeding a male can change their personality and make them more aggressive. Is that true? Any opinions? We would love to have a female puppy at some point, but just as a pet. We aren't really interested in beginning breeding or anything. We thought that allowing him to stud at least once might be a way for us to get a female, but it's not worth it if it changes our little man in any way. I would really be interested in any input that anyone has. We want to do what's best for him and we are planning on having him neutered soon, so we have to make a decision. Thanks.
kwalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!