View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Chelsie1978

Have you been walking him long? At first,both of mine were fine until they realised that the outside was FULL of strange noises,bigger dogs,peple wanting to pet them etc The first couple of times I walked Lady,she was fine,but suddenly she seemed to be affraid of everything and would spend her walks shaking and wanting to be held.Nothing major had happened,just people wanting to pet her,seeing other dogs,getting used to the sounds of the outside..etc,but she seemed to be traumatized and of course we were worried.We took her to the vet to see if he could make anything of her behaviour and he said it was completely normal for a puppy..that we had to be patient and help her adjust.So we began taking her on short walks near home,avoiding crowded places etc.As she gained confidence we started taking her on night walks to different places with bigger surroundings to help her feel comfortable in open spaces but without the crowds..then slowly we began taking to her these same places during the day.It did take a while (about a month) but it worked We had the same problem with Jess and the same rutine worked with her too so Its worth a try In my experience,yorkies shiver ALOT and half of the time its not because they are cold,it can mean a few things..anxiety (sp?),happiness,fear,guilt (this is what mine do if they have peed somewhere they shouldent..lol)..
I would try walking your baby in small areas then bigger areas at nightfall etc etc ...it worked for me GOOD LUCK!
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!