View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflover View Post
Hi I am very new to this site- this is only my third post/thread thingy lol. Anyway I am planning on breeding my little ten month old girl in the future. Please tell me the earliest safe time for her to have puppies. I want Miley and her pups to be ok. Also, she hasnt had her first heat yet and she is pretty small. Is this normal? I have read that smaller dogs have longer periods of time between their heats? Can a dog that hasnt gotten her first heat yet or isnt in heat at the time still get pregnant? I wouldnt do that to Miley if it wasnt safe, but just wondering. Also, how much should i pay for a stud male for her? I only have $95 at the time. Oh, one more thing. Where can I find a godo mentor? I read it is good for a first timer to have a mentor. Sorry for asking so many questions, but i want to do everything right. Any other help is
apprecieated. Thank you, wolflover
I don't want to sound negative about this, but you did say you are only 11 years old in one of your other threads. That is way too young to be thinking about breeding a dog even though you sound more mature and wise than most of your contemporaries. What are your parents feelings in all of this?

Others have already told you, and I agree, this female will be too small to breed. None of mine have grown after 10 months of age. Some may fill out a little after a year old, but some lose the baby fat and weigh less too. If you and your parents do decide to breed her, please realize that you are risking losing the life of your little female as well as the puppies. Pls spay the little girl as soon as possible.

If she gets accidently impregnated, needs a C-section, has complications, etc....that $95 will not go far to help pay down the thousands of dollars of vet fees she may accumulate.

Last edited by FlDebra; 07-10-2009 at 08:17 AM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!