View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
JWM
Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkie passed last night

My wife and I got back from the vet about two hours ago. Our 19 month old female Yorkie (Ginger) suddenly died around 3:30 am. We also have her brother from the same litter. They always loved playing together. We are racking our brains trying to figure out what happened. She was eating, running, playing up to about 5:00 PM; then she started these soft bowel movements, but not quite true diarrreah (spelling ?) I noticed that there was some green lawn grass in bowel movement. She would not eat or drink any water. She can be a little aloof at times, so my wife and I did not think anything of it when she hopped down off the bed to sleep on the floor just before we went to bed at 10:00PM. For some reason I awoke at 2:00am to this terrrible smell. My wife got of bed also and immediately noticed Ginger splayed out on the rug with labored breathing and very,very lethargic. I tried to revive her, but she barely responed to anything I did. There were a few more spots of soft bowels around the bedroom, but no true diarehea. We rushed her to the vet. They attempted an IV, but it was just too late. What could it have been ? The other Yorkie is fine. They always ate the same foods. We can't find any evidence of poisoning,snake/insect bites,bad food, etc..etc... She was as healthy as a horse and weighed 8 pounds. We did take them to the Georgia beach the day before to romp on the sand and run thru the swallow water, but they have done this activity quite frequently over the last year. Any ideas ??
JWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!