View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
coolbar
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by London01 View Post
So excited about the progress I've made getting hubby to allow London to sleep in our bed, I had to share

Before getting London last November, hubby made me agree to certain ground rules. A key rule was no doggy sleeping in master bed.

I have tested him a couple times bringing London into our bed and he gets relly upset. So far I have used of 2 "strikes", and the rule is technically 3 strikes we're out! (One time I just played dumb and pretended like I forgot that was a rule.)

We did agree that London can sleep with me in the guest bed. Usually on weekends I take a nap with her in the guest bed, and the snuggling is so wonderful.

Well with London having a recent medical scare (turns out she's pretty much fine, just needs some minor treatments), I started sleeping in the guest bed with her every night. So...Hubby is starting to miss us. Last night he asked what bed I was sleeping in, and I said "we" (me and London) were sleeping in the master bed, just to test him. First he reluctantly said okay, then he said no...but man he was really close to caving in!

I will keep trying, chipping away each day. Hopefully this will not break apart my marriage, as he does get a little jealous of my devotion to Miss London.

The way I got London in teh first place was to say for 6 months that is all I wanted for my birthday, nothing else in the world. It's about time for me to start repeating the line that all I want this year is London to sleep in the master bed, and a second yorkie!

Just had to share, this is really good progress!

Who are you training ?
Your husband or the dog ?
coolbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!