View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleysjc View Post
Hi, my Yorkie (Fergie), had a litter in June. I have a total of two Yorkies, Fergie and I kept her sone rom the first litter she had, she has only had two and after this one I think I will allow her two have another, this Whelping was horrible and I was preppared for everying but the Lord.

Fergie would have had four pups but two were born Breach, the first little girl was born with her back leg out of the sack, but everythink was fine with my help, the next pup was born Breach also, but was still in the sack everything was ok, the third puppy, a little boy was born perfect. I had to rush Fergie to the vet when it seemed the forth puppy was in real trouble, head first but to Big and the sack was off the head, the Vet gave her a shot to help increase her contractions. This is when the head came out and I mean she had huge contractions and that was all she could do, I left the room, went to the counter in tears for them to do the C-section. It was one of my worst experiences in my life, and I could do nothing to help Fergie! I had brought the three puppies two blankets for the puppies and the heating pad. So, the forth puppie (a male) died that day, Three days later I lost two more puppies. The little girl that came first with the leg out of the sack, shr was so small, I called the emergancy hospital I had everything I needed and that included a bottle and mothers milk, I had started to feed the little girl on the second day. I didn't sleep for a total of 5 day's, I only have one puppy left, the Lady I had that provided the dog I used for stud. Her and I became riends I thought because for two years in-between Fergie's litters, we got together for doggie play day's, and talked on the phone many times. She wants this last Puppy, she is sueing me in small claims court for a thousand dollars because she claims to have a man that wanted to pay her a $1000.00 for her. She has never seen her since the day she was born, she came to the Vet to see them, she didn't care about Fergie she just wanted to see the three puppies, even when I kept telling her nt to keep faning then they needd to be kept warm, she still had to look again before she left. The kicker is Her dog was Pregent with two puppies herself and she ended up having three puppies of her own. They have since been born, I was going to help her, and I tried to contact her three time to figure it out, I was even letting her use my Whelping Box that I paid $200.00 for. I hope you can understand all this. First or all I never told her I was not giving her the puppy, I guess the last converstating I had with her that lasted over an hour, I was so upset my son lives with me, and he was on the couch. I tod him well, I got my answer I just got off the phone with _ _ _ and she is going to take the puppy. I had ask her, I said _ _ _ I just have to say, I was hoping that Brandy(her female) would have three Puppies and they were all girl's so you wouldn't have to take this puppy, she immediatly said NO, I have a man down the street that wants Fergie puppy. Well, my girl is Beautiful she is AKC, the male is CKC, the puppies have all taken after Fergie, she run's between 4 and 5lbs.. Someone must have told her I might ask for this puppy which I have named Angel for now, because of what happened. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them or can anyone tell me what consatutes a litter, in my case?
Thank you in Advance
Let me ask, did you sign a stud contract with her. Within the contract did it state what constitutes a litter. Each contract is different; some say 1 pup others say 2 or more.

When I used my mentor's stud on one of my girl's first litter (2 boys and girl), I knew that my mentor wanted the girl. Being the wonderful mentor that she is, she told me that she'd take a girl from the next litter.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!