Thread: 1+1+1=3
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
mjharpst
YT 1000 Club Member

Smile I can totally see your point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_mama22 View Post
I don't have advice with having 3 or more but I thought I could share some advice and something to think about. I am just assuming that you may be a littler bit younger just like me. You mention your not ready for children yet. I think it is a good idea to get a third if you don't plan on having alot of children any time soon. I have two dogs and a toddler. I know I'd love a second yorkie but it is alot of work having young children to raise and lots of dogs. Some dogs may get neglected, you get really busy running around taking care of EVERYBODY. lol I just hope you take into consideration any BIG commitments you may have and it would be a shame if things didn't turn out good, I'd hate to have to rehome one of my dogs. Not saying you would I know it is tough having just two dogs and having to go on a trip or want to have another child. I don't think I could handle it! Just think ahead!!
Thanks for the advice. I am younger but I do have two very well behaved yorkies and they are spunky but since I am home all day everyday with them I have trained them thoroughly and I am not worried about them being to much too handle. I have lots of family and friends who adore my two, plus my mom and mother in law are always the first who volunteer to take them when we go away. I also dont see children coming into our lives for another few years and this gives me time to work with a dog- especially if I get into showing. Just a few thoughts...LOL I can totally see your perspective and appreciate the input I think that if it does come about that we do add to our family it really wouldnt be an issue.
I think that we have been so lucky to have the two great dogs that we do and if we are wanting another it would work out well since I am home to train and be attentive, rather than once we do have children.
Thanks again for repyling.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!