View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
CherOKchic
Yorkie Yakker

I think this is the same thing my vet told me about...
You can even tell yourself....w/ your baby on all 4's grab their back leg w/ one hand and move it back and forth being sure to bend the knee...with the other gently cup their knee. If you can feel a popping feeling when moving the leg then your pup could have it.

Bentley has a knee cap that floats abit now but the vet said not to worry yet, it could simply be the bones growing at different times. If he doesn't grow out of it by 1.5 yrs than surgery may be an option. The kneecap is supposed to sit in a "Groove" in the bone...sometimes that groove is too shallow causing it to "float"....if surgery is needed they simply go in and carve out the groove a bit to make it deeper so the kneecap can fit inside properly.

Puppy parts grow at different stages/rates, this is the same principle of going through that gangly stage where they are all legs, the rest just hasn't caught up yet. So do worry too much yet, she will be fine either way as long as she always has mammas love!! Start out by calling your vet, if they did a Puppy Wellness Check on her when you first got her they may have checked for this already. If not make an appt for a Wellness check...you'll pay the same and they will check teeth and everything to make sure she is growing properly. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!