View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Saundra
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Angry I don't think I can handle this any longer!!!

We have an 11 month old yorkie/ shih-tzu mix. He is bell trained, and does okay for the most part, but lately he has taken to peeing and pooping upstairs. He is neutered, so I don't think he is marking. Our kids' bedrooms are upstairs, and he likes being around them, but it seems like every time he goes upstairs, he pees somewhere, and we don't find it until much later. I was very reluctant to get an inside dog because I really didn't want my house to smell like dog pee! I have had to clean my carpets so many times lately and I still don't feel they are clean.

He was crate trained from the time we got him, and he still has to stay in it at night. When we got a dog for our kids, I never envisioned it being this way. We have a 6 month old goldendoodle that has been so much easier! I really want to get rid of the yorkie, but the rest of the family gets upset when I mention it. I just found three pee spots upstairs, and I just want to cry. I called my husband at work and told him that either the dog goes or I go!! I do not want a dog that we have to keep corraled in one room all the time. It is different when they are a few months old, but this is ridiculous. Had I known at the time what it would be like, I never would have agreed to get him. I keep hearing from other people that they are notoriously hard to housebreak. A girl I go to church has one that is three years old, that still isn't completely housebroken. I really don't know what else to do at this point. He knows to go outside, he just doesn't sometimes. Please help!!!

Last edited by Saundra; 07-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Saundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!