View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 AM   #10
Princessangela3
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Cleaning them is very normal. What she is doing is stimulating them.

There are several thoughts about what to feed. If you are feeding a high quality dog food, some vets feel it is unnecessary to change them over to puppy food, other vets do. My girls prefer it while they are lactating.
1. Cottage, cheese, Scrambled eggs (definately as they contain the calcium that is needed and absorbed).

At times their milk doesn't come in for 24 hours, pups are getting the colostrum anyway.

I usually don't take my girls out to potty the first week, but set up a small x-pen right beside the whelping area. Wiping her feet, her breasts and private area with a baby wipes or clean warm wash cloth prior to putting her back in with the pups throughout the time she is nursing.

Don't forget to take her in for a POP shot this morning.

Good Luck, your work has just begun.
Mary told me good luck my work had just begun also....BOY SHE SURELY WASNT KIDDING!!!!! Bella's pups are 1 week 1 day old. Bella used the wee pads for the first couple of days. She would jump out of her whelping box pee fast and jump right back in the box! She is now comfortably going outside for a very short bit, comes back in the house, cruises through the family room saying hi to everyone then back in her box. She seems to know just how long she has to say hi to the family before going back to the pups. Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!