View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
rebecca127
Senior Yorkie Talker

Embarassed I have been through that...

I havent posted in a while but I had to give a response to this as this happened to me in April and if it wasnt for my baby Abby I have no idea what would have happened...

I was getting ready to go to work and all of a sudden I head an explosion that shook my apt. I didnt think anything of it because I had 2 crazy ppl living downstairs from me ... Yes they were drug addicts and i thought they were just having an argument. About 1 min later my baby was going insane and ballistic and barking like I have never heard her bark before. I was confused and telling her to be quiet because it was still early in the morning and living in NYC you cant be too loud... Well she was running all over the house as if alerting to my family that something was going on (BTW no one was home it was just me her and my mothers bird). And she kept sniffing under my apt door. and I was like ok let me go check. I looked thru the peep hole and it was all black and I was like ok the light bulb went off... When my baby noticed I didnt do anything she went hysterical barking again and running back and forth... Mind you I didnt hear , smell or see anything that would set me off... So finally I opened my front door and O M G all there was was black and orange smoke EVERYWHERE AND I COULDNT SEE IN MY OWN HALLWAY!!!! I closed my door and ran for my dog, her collar and a lil jacket that I had all within in arms reach and RAN FOR MY LIFE CLUTCHING HER IN MY ARMS... I SWEAR IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULD NOT TAKE MY MOMS BORD BUT I COULD NOT CARRY THE CAGE WITH ME... THE MOMENT I LEFT MY APT I SWEAR WE BOTH COULD NOT BREATHE!! I was suffocating and I could feel my dog grasping for air and her little chest was just tight ( she is only 4 pounds). As I got outside.. I finally noticed that the fire was directly under my apartment and it was ENGULFED IN FLAMES AND WAS REACHING TO MY APARTMENT... I swear to you I was in complete hysterics and my dog was shaking like crazy...

The whole apt under was engulfed in fire and the flames were coming out of the window... But I THANK GOD MY APT HAD MINIMAL DAMAGE AND MY BIRD WAS ALIVE!!!!!!

But please please please keep your dogs collar, leash, harness or clothing if winter) within arms length. Go to the ASPCA'S website and request the free sticker you place on your window or front door that states how many animals you have in your apartment or house in case of emergencies and please in my experience I will NEVER ever crate a dog because of situations like this...

I am sorry this was long but I had to share my experience...

I will attach a pic of what my apt looked like after the fire...

Attached Thumbnails
Would you risk it?-img_0387.jpg   Would you risk it?-img_0397.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!