Thread: One or Two
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

I had one Yorkie for his first 13 years, and then 2 Yorkies for the last 3. It was a hard decision to get two at once, but I am very glad I did.

In many ways it is easier to have 2. They love to play wressle and chase each other, and we do not feel as guilty when we are at work. Everything is a competion with these guys, and its very amusing.

I don't believe that they are any less attached to us humans than my first Yorkie. When I come home, they just compete for who can show us the most love.

Of course it is more expensive to have 2, so that needs to go into your calculations. Some in my local meet up group would certainly disagree, but I believe in the addage - Don't have more yorkies in your house than humans (unless you are a hobby breeder).

Another consideration is should you acquire 2 at once, or wait a year or two before getting the second? I waited for 2 years between getting a second this time around and I think it worked out very well. Still lots of puppy left in 3 y.o. Ms Daisy, but I did not have to train two at once.

shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!