View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #11
JerryandMom
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie merlino View Post
all 3 of mine go "outside", regardless of the weather/climate, i dress them appropriately or i wake-up earlier and walk them earlier so it will be cooler.
I also walk them later in the evening when it's cooler if i have to. They are 5,
4 and 3 yrs. Old and they never have accidents. I did not use pee pads to house train them, ever since they were puppies i have always taken them outside! I think it sends a mixed message as to where and when they can
"go" and can cause total confusion! I control when we are "going" and where we are "going", it teaches them to hold it and regulate it. They know that, that is the purpose of our "walk" besides the "exercise" (w/c they don't know?) i usually take them out to go pee, in my front or backyard w/c is not fenced in at all and they are also trained to go "off leash" as well.
Besides i am very sensitive about how my house smells and if it smells clean
or not? I cannot tolerate the ammonia smell from the urine, part of the reason why they continually pee on the pads w/c are placed in the same spot is b/c they can still smell it from the previous pee pad. Sorry if i offend anyone but i think it's gross and i could never live like that. In the old fashioned days before they made them, all dogs went to the bathroom outside. Every breed of dog is capable of learning how to be "house trained" or to go outside. Some how "yorkies" got a bad rap about being "hard" to house train? I beleive that rumor got started by a "lazy" yorkie owner b/c
mine learned within 2 days or less as long as i was consistent. As you can tell by reading this it is one of my "pet peeves". I beleive they were invented as a training tool and to replace the "newspapers" role.

right.on!....i.totally.agree!!!
JerryandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!