View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Bodhi'sMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 Bodhi is too scared to walk outside now

Bodhi did really well when hubby and I would walk him to the park 2 weeks ago. It's just a block away.

I was looking forward to introducing him to all the sounds and smells of outside. He's 14 weeks old.

About 4 days ago, the weather dropped from sunny to overcast and drizzly.
He began shaking when outside and even more timid to enter the apartment building hallways which are connected by heavy fireproof doors. It doesn't matter who walks him.

He's been on a few car rides and we wonder if Bodhi's fearing yet another ride? He seemed to enjoy it with both of us and looking outside. We included breaks to get out and play on a grassy area, praising him, and playing when we got home.

We took him to PetsMart to check out a training class. The instructor saw him shaking and suggested a sweater, which would be warm and act like a hug, to reassure Bodhi.

I drove him to the PetsMart groomer the next morning wrapped in a towel. Too early for me, but no other dogs were going to be around. It only took about 15 minutes for a little grooming (no bath) with a very sweet girl.

Without any commotion or obvious trauma, we are confused. Is he cold, scared, both?

I just got a child-sized sweater with ribbed cuffs at the thrift store. I cut the sleeve off and gave it a couple of leg holes. Will see if that helps.

Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance!
Bodhi'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!