View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #1
susansmom
YT Addict

Default Scary but all is well

As some peole might remember we live way out in the country with the foxes, owls, coyotes, human hunters and who knows what. For that reason (and the new neighbor's GIANT German shepherd) I keep Susan on a leash most of the time when I take her out. One or twice a day I let her off the leash to run and play -- usually in the early the afternoon when most predators are sleeping. Anyway last night about 10:30 there was the most awful and most prolonged wild animal squealing out behind our house. Something had gotten something -- we hope it was not our beloved groundhog. He is so cute and we've enjoyed watching him so much. Joe went outside but he couldn't see anything. But while this agonized and agonizing noise was going on, all I could think of was that I was glad that Susan was in the house barking her silly head off like she was a big hero dog and not outside being the victim. Any time I think of relaxing my guard something happens to make me change my mind. Ladies and gentlemen, I just wanted to remind us all -- it's a world "red of tooth and claw" out there and with winter coming, the predators are going to be hungry.
susansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!