Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
jnsasha
YT Addict

Default Need Advice

My little guy (11 weeks) has diarrhea and cried all night.We took him to the 24 hour vet yesterday and they gave him some fluids and antibotics as well as metronzole to take home. She felt the pain was from gas but because he is so small 1.2lbs she felt she couldn't give him anything for the gas or cramps. She told me to continue to feed him every two hours. This was around 4 in the afternoon. He was up all night long so I called back and they said since he is eating there is nothing to worry about and try some chichen baby food. Well today he doesn't seem much better--not playing just tries to sleep and can't. He eats fine and has had 3 soft stools today so far. So my daughter took him back to the 24 hr vet and I'm waiting to hear. He had coccida and was on albon for 10 days and finished his last dose thursday night. Also on thur I gave him his heartguard. He is eating puppy Innova both soft and hard that I soak. I weaned him very slowly off his old food (over a 10 day period) so I don't think that is the problem unless the food just doesn't agree with him. Could it be the coccida or maybe the heartguard causing this stomach upset? I sent some stool to be retested but they said it might be too soon since he finished his medicine to get a correct result. I never had a puppy cry like this it breaks my heart. Appreciate any advice.Thank you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!